Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sleeping and Sitting and Teeth, Oh my!!

Braylon's first Christmas came and went, and was for the most part, uneventful. He sat next to me as I opened his gifts but was more interested in eating wrapping paper than anything. It was nice for the families to get some time with him though, and I'm looking forward to this next Christmas! Hopefully he'll be able to enjoy the gifts more than the paper!

He finally began sleeping through the night pretty consistantly. I decided to invest in a "sleep sack" in order to eliminate the need for swaddling. It worked like a charm. He's been in bed before 9 and up between 6 and 7. If I can make it to bed before midnight, I'm fully rested come morning!

Braylon cut his first teeth a couple of weeks ago. Just when I thought I couldn't love this kid anymore, he goes and gets teeth! I know it sounds weird, but I just fell even more in love with him! My baby got his first teeth! I was extremely proud and can't wait for more to cut through.

I started working out of the house last week. It is such a blessing to have this new job, but it means no longer working from home everyday. Leaving Braylon has been the hardest thing I've had to deal with since pregnancy. I went from spending every waking moment with my little booger, to making it home in time for dinner, bath, and bed. I wondered if his schedule would be altered, if he would be understood when he was hungry, and whether or not he'd get enough sleep while I wasn't there and in control. I dealt with these feelings the entire week preceeding my first day of work. Turns out, Braylon wasn't sad to see me go, his routine stayed the same, and I was actually able to get into one (a routine). Luckily for me, his dad has been able to watch him and has helped alleviate a LOT of my stress. I now leave before he wakes up and when I get home it's Mommy and Braylon time. We eat our dinner, play, bathe, read, and then go to sleep. And now I look forward to picture messages each day to help with the seperation anxiety that I am suffering from. I can only imagine what will happen when he goes off to school for the first time. Literally makes me tear up thinking about it.

In just the short time that I've been working out of the house, he has managed to start sitting on his own. It ranges from 10 seconds to a minute, but it's on his own.

It is amazing to me how many milestones he's reached in only 6 months of life! I can only cross my fingers that he won't grow a full beard before I get home tonight! I think it's safe to say he won't, but just in case, I'm speeding home.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It's so true. It does and doesn't get easier. You're right about the love. I never imagined how big my heart could get.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones