I swear that every single day, Braylon is doing something new. In the past week, he's eaten pears, rolled-over, put himself to sleep without crying, laughed hard, and found a new love/hate for peek-a-boo. The other day I got him to laugh playing peek-a-boo. When I hear him laugh, I try my hardest to keep it going. I will do anything and everything to hear that laugh over and over and over again. One time however, I guess I left my face hidden a little too long during this game, and when I "peek-a-boo"ed him, he definitely wasn't expecting it. Not only did I scare him, but I made him cry. He is scared pretty easily with these types of games and it wasn't the first time that I had scared him. Hearing his cry though, made me feel so guilty! I didn't do it on purpose, but just to hear the fear in his cry...
He's been rolling over constantly since last week, and unfortunately he's doing it in the crib too. I say unfortunately because he has to be swaddled. He isn't a HUGE fan, but he WILL NOT sleep without it. It is very dangerous for a baby to be on his stomach while he is wrapped up in a blanket, as he can apparently suffocate easily. So now that he's randomly rolling over, I don't know what to do. I've tried one arm and that seems to be okay, but the second I leave the other unwrapped, he's waking himself up. If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
I say this often, but I just can't get over how fast he is growing up. I know 5 months isn't that long if you think about the many years to come, but man, it's gone quick and I feel like if I blink I may miss something. I love that boy so much that I feel crazy sometimes. How can you love something SO much? I saw someone on Extreme Makeover:Home Edition say, "The purpose of life is to live life for a purpose." Braylon is my purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Katy!! I nannied for years and with all 3 infants i was with, this issue came up. I've always been a HUGE proponent of swaddling but eventually they just cant' fit! He's going to struggle w/ the arm thing and I think every person will tell you something different. Some say slowly ease them out of the swaddle, one limb at a time. Others say, cold turkey it. I'm a fan of the hybrid. If he's doing okay w/ one arm then try loosly binding the second arm.
ReplyDeleteThat being said mama, theres no easy way out of this. Eventually you're giong to have to stop swaddling all together so try during his naps to keep his arms out. He'll tire himself out...and you can go back to the one arm out at night. You'll figure something that works out for both of you guys but you can do this!
Keep up the posts....I love reading them :)