Monday, March 14, 2011

One year--CHECK.

I know, it's been a while. While I would like to go back and recap the past year, it's just impossible to do so without leaving so many things out! In a nutshell, Braylon turned 1 in August, started walking shortly after, and now is a little chatterbox. His favorite thing is The Wiggles, and yesterday he realized that the Woody doll that he carries around and loves is a movie star! I'm so very proud to be his mom, and some days I just don't see how I got this lucky. Not only with him, but with life. I have a wonderful job, a wonderful family, great friends, and slowly but surely I'm really getting the hang of this "single mom" stuff.

2010 was a trying year for us as we ventured out on our own, and started over. I often felt sorry for myself, and looking back, that was ridiculous. I dwelled on the fact that I was not the same person (on the outside) as I was before the baby, and used this and Braylon as an excuse to not do anything (for myself and just in general). It did nothing but bring me down. I decided that in 2011, this would not be the case. Since then, I've been more active in hanging out with my friends, taking 1 or 2 nights a month for myself, and overall just getting out of the house with Braylon on a somewhat daily basis. Ive started working out (today marks day 21!), and have seen an overall change in my self esteem, my appearance, and on the whole, my happiness. It's easy to say that you're going to change things, but to actually CHANGE is not only a challenge, but is tremendously rewarding. Now, if I could only make the time to blog more. One thing at a time, I suppose. Here's to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones