Motherhood is hard. A good hard. A few weeks ago, I made an emergency appointment at the pediatricians office. I knew for a fact that there was something wrong with Braylon. He was constantly crying, and randomly screaming. As a new mother, I naturally believed he could be dying! I had run through the checklist: Am I feeding him too much? Is he not sleeping? Does he have gas? Am I not feeding him enough? Is he constipated? Fever? None of these things seemed to be the problem. It had to be worse! Brace yourself, because it was. The doctors diagnosis: He's got me trained. How can a 3 1/2 mo old train me? What's worse, is that that little booger had me feeling so embarassed. Is this a foreshadowing? I hope not. Since that visit, I've really been working on HIM. I found that the best way to get through the crying is to jump into the shower. I make sure he doesn't need anything and then I put him in his crib. Once the shower goes on, it is soundproof. If he's still crying when I get out, I check on him and then go blow dry my hair. He never lasts past the blowdry. When I was able to hear him crying, I felt guilty, and when I picked him up while he was crying, I felt anxious. It was time to make a change. He's doing better now. I can already see a big difference and I feel like my little baby will be a little boy before I know it. I started him on cereal once he turned 4 months. Here are a few pictures of his first bite.



Tomorrow will be day 5 of cereal. Every day he has grown to hate it more and more. I am hoping to come up with a way to get him to eat it successfully. Until then, I will just practice the cleaning of the face with a spoon technique.
No comments:
Post a Comment